Friday 28 February 2014

Planning - Hot Desk Feedback

I tried to get feedback for my second draft of my front cover by displaying it in a gallery at my college and asking people to send me their ideas via email. But I got no responses so, with my peers, we held a hot desk activity. This is where we looked at each others work and write feed back. This is the feedback is received.

Is there anything that you think my front cover is missing?
2 x I feel that you aren’t missing anything, you have everything to fit the conventions of a magazine
Its very well placed and seems like a good start to designing a house style, it should be rather easy to follow through with it. However the image seems a bit blurry so I would maybe feather the edges but sharpen the image.

Are there any suggestions for changes or improvements that you have?
You could make the model stand out more, as the text is what grabs your attention rather than the model. Overall make the cover bolder so it stands out more.

The model looks clearly Photoshoped on the right hand side, particularly her hair, this can be fixed by using a soft edged rubber along the side of her in order for the model to blend the main image.

The layout of the front cover is especially good, masthead is clear, I especially like the placement of the puff’s which works well with the cover lines along the left hand side of the page. Good work.

Looks very professional and overall it seems very thought out. The font is easy to read and work well with the design. The model’s right side looks a little odd, though. Good work.


No comments:

Post a Comment